Personal Attendant Care Inc. is a charitable non-profit organization in the Durham Region, providing personal support and assisted living to individuals with physical disabilities, allowing them to remain independent in their community. We are currently seeking a Director of Community Support Services to join our dynamic team. The incumbent will be responsible for leadership and oversight of care delivery in community support services. This includes development and implementation of relevant quality improvement and strategic initiatives to advance the strategic priorities of Personal Attendant Care Inc. Leading the team, the Director uses a professional, collaborative team approach to service planning, delivery, budgeting and managing fiscal and human resources.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Initiates quality control measurements and indicators
- In collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer and Managers, develops and implements policies and procedures
- Collaborates with local, regional and provincial health care partners to manage an integrated health service delivery system, ensuring smooth transitions for individuals moving between all levels of care.
- Collaborates with staff providing care within a portfolio ensuring open dialogue regarding care needs of client
- Attends various community and inter-agency meetings
- Provides input regarding quality, safety and risks initiatives
- Supervision of Personal Support Workers and Community Support Services staff
- Develops and empowers managers and staff to promote excellence in service delivery
- Fosters and promotes an environment that is inclusive and supportive
- Bachelor Degree in Health Care or Social Services, Master’s degree considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience
- Experience in business management, planning, budgets and finance
- Experience in various components of human resource management
- Knowledge of health care including provincial initiatives, policy and applicable legislation and related regulations
- Familiarity with the funding and administration of community health services
- Knowledge of accreditation process and standards
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A Class G provincial driver’s license and a vehicle is required for travel within the Durham Region.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter in a .pdf or .doc file format to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We provide accommodation under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation for disability during the recruitment process please e-mail us.