Do you want to make a difference?
Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society (CRCS) is a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world.
The Canadian Red Cross – International Operations is seeking experienced Administrator professionals to join our Emergency Response Unit (ERU) delegate register! When you apply to this selection process, you are not applying for a specific job, rather you are applying for a position on the ERU register, to be called upon for future emergency deployments, as and when the need for your professional skillset is required. As opportunities become available, applicants who meet the qualifications may be contacted for further assessment.
Background: An ERU is composed of trained personnel (whom we call delegates) and state-of-the-art equipment ready to deploy at short notice nationally or internationally, to some of the most remote regions of the world, providing medical and healthcare aid to anyone affected by disasters and emergencies. ERUs may augment, or temporarily replace damaged or inaccessible local infrastructure with logistical, communication, administrative, clean water and sanitation support.
This opportunity means that if you are selected to be part of the ERU Administrator register, your application will be reviewed on a rolling-basis, and should you meet the role qualifications, we will contact you accordingly once there is a direct requirement for your profile and start you on the path of deploying with us as a delegate!
To deploy with us on national or international missions as an ERU Administrator delegate, you must have:
- Minimum of two years of experience as an HR and/or Finance / Admin professional
- Good analytical, planning and organizational skills with strong ability to prioritize
- Ability to implement sound human resources practices in an emergency context
- Fluency in English
- Availability to deploy on short notice—48-72 hours and on unaccompanied missions of 4-6 weeks
- Excellent physical & mental health with the ability to complete and maintain a thorough medical screening and receive medical clearance prior to departure in the field
- Completion of mandatory online courses and in-person training as required upon selection and onboarding
- Successful completion of Vulnerable Sector criminal record and professional reference checks
You will stand out if you have:
- Fluency in additional languages (French, Spanish, Arabic & Mandarin are major assets)
- Experience working in an emergency context
- Experience living/working in hardship and/or low-resource environments
- International driving license OR experience driving standard transmission
- First Aid/CPR certification
- Previous experience working/volunteering with the Red Cross or Red Crescent Movement
- Skills in training, facilitation, coaching and development of staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience providing coaching and advice on complex people relations issues
What we offer our delegates:
- Competitive pay and benefits package
- Travel, accommodation, medical & insurance coverage when deploying
- Pre-deployment and recurring training programs and professional development events in Canada and abroad
- And much more! See the list here: http://www.redcross.ca/about-us/jobs/before-you-apply/benefits
Want to foresee how you will make a difference? Visit our following websites below to get a glimpse of what we do, aspire to be one of our many current delegates, locate where we deploy, and much more!
How to Apply
If you have what we are looking for and looking to make a difference, apply HERE