Youturn provides intensive service and support primarily to youth in conflict with the law and their families. The agency delivers community based counselling, education, training and clinical treatment all focused on helping youth and families build on their strengths and set out on a path to a productive life.
Youturn has integrated a Feedback Informed (FIT) approach, into the clinical service delivery model. FIT involves the administration of outcome and alliance rating scales at each client session. The programs delivered at youturn target youth with complex needs, and who are challenging to engage.
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Posting Type: Internal/External posting
Salary Range: $60, 517.00 - $72,323.00
Date Ad Posted: March 7, 2019
Closing date: March 22, 2019
Job Region: Ottawa
DESCRIPTION: Duties include but not limited to:
- Provide regular clinical supervision for casework and group work using a socio-ecological approach and the Collaborative Problem Solving model.
- Conduct regular individual and group clinical supervision on a rotational bi-weekly basis.
- Regularly travel through Eastern Ontario to provide clinical supervision to staff.
- Provide coverage for partner supervisors as required.
- Review with staff and approve all program documentation requirements.
- Give direction to staff in identifying client goals and selecting the appropriate corresponding intervention strategies to address criminogenic risk factors.
- Support staff through specific training in client intervention strategies.
- Chair case conference and multi-agency meetings as required.
- Co-ordinate staff training and development in clinical programs/interventions.
- Ensure that staff keep their case recording and report writing up-to-date and approve same.
- Review staff case work and provide clinical feedback and direction.
DIRECT CLINICAL WORK
- If required, provide clinical services to clients and their families.
- Apply Critical Thinking in conceptualizing intervention plans, produce written clinical reports and records if required.
- Consult with professionals and other significant people involved with the client when appropriate.
- Carry out direct clinical assessment services to agency clients on an as needed basis.
- Attend case conferences and provide clinical consultation services as required in the community when requested.
- Develop and deliver group work services, if required
- Attend and participate in program and region specific networks and committees.
- Participate in the ongoing evaluation of agency programs through appropriate data collection and research.
- Conduct regular screenings of the agency database; determine how the use of data can be used to measure: quality assurance of Youturn’s programs, reliability and validity of psychometric assessments, outcome effectiveness, and changes in recidivism.
- Develop population specific intervention strategies based on current literature and research.
- Be familiar with pertinent theory, knowledge and research of young offender treatment.
- Maintain effective community liaison with other agencies and professionals serving justice involved youth.
- Review current literature; keep staff apprised to changes and current clinical intervention.
- Develop training initiatives for staff to address the needs of the Ministry, referral sources, and the community.
- Liaise with community partners to achieve data collection and aid in the facilitation of research on data generated by Youturn’s programs.
- Attend necessary trainings, conferences, workshops to maintain current knowledge of theory, interventions, and movements within the youth justice field.
- Participate in weekly supervision with the Associate Executive Director.
- Track case assignments, case terminations, and incoming reports from staff.
- Review and approve submitted weekly timesheets from staff; review and approve monthly expenses and mileage forms.
- Complete employee appraisals by evaluating staff clinical performance on a regular basis.
- Complete Clinical Development Plans for staff collectively based on the outcomes of the Performance Appraisals and the staff member’s employment/clinical goals for the upcoming year.
- Participate in appropriate agency committees and external community committees as assigned.
- Prepare forms, report templates, clinical intervention worksheets as required.
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding of the agency’s Policy and Procedures Manual and Personnel Manual.
- Report to the Executive Director on a regular basis and in management meetings.
- Maintain clear and open communication with administrative staff regarding administrative processes between them and the clinical supervisor.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Socio-Ecological Theory, Collaborative Problem Solving and Feedback Informed Treatment.
- Sound knowledge and experience with best practice approaches for youth involved with the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrated leadership ability of multi-disciplinary teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in clinical psychology, child and youth work or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ experience working with young offenders/ high risk youth with mental health problems and their families within the context of an identified clinical model.
- A minimum of three years’ experience working in a non-residential community based setting.
- Fluency in both written and spoken French and English is essential.
- Must be qualified with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario or equivalent.
How to Apply
This is a regional position based out of Ottawa that includes travel within the agency catchment area of Eastern Ontario.
Applicants from this competition may be used to fill future vacancies.
youturn-Youth Support Services values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter by email to:
youturn - Youth Support Services
For more information visit: http://www.youturn.ca