Purpose of the Position:
Reporting to the Director, Client Services and Quality, the Clinical Manager, Intake and Supported Housing Programs provides clinical leadership and management for the above programs. Main responsibilities will include but not limited to: client centered program planning, program quality assurance, staff supervision and oversight for day-to-day program operations.
- Supervises day-to-day operations of the Intake and Supported Housing Programs to ensure quality and adherence to agency and program standards as outlined through mandated guidelines (e.g. Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care, Accreditation standards).
- Coordination of the HOMES Partnership including: manage referrals and waitlists, participate in screening and assessment of new client referrals, facilitate inter-agency team meetings, and monitor mutually agreed upon standards of care.
- Identifies and recommends improvements to service provision or administrative procedures.
- Oversees the successful implementation of client groups to support rehabilitative goals for clients as appropriate.
- Recruits program staff, interviews and makes recommendations for employment.
- In consultation with Director, Client Services and Quality, determines capacity for student placements, and recruits, supervises and evaluates students.
- Completes weekly scheduling, vacation and sick time allocation.
Program Quality Improvement
- Oversees the clinical quality of the program, via such tools as regular supervisions, client file audits, and client feedback, serious incident, and client complaint data.
- Ensures accuracy and utilizes statistical data in client database, relating to Ministry and funder requirements, to analyze quality.
- Develops program quality initiatives with team, based on above tools and data analysis, strategic plan, funder requirements, and environment factors.
- Oversees the development, implementation and monitoring of the program quality initiatives.
- Contributes and adheres to agency-wide quality initiatives, such as the Quality Improvement Plan and Health Equity Plan.
- Ensures that PHIPA, 2004 and other confidentiality legislation and polices are upheld regarding clients, employees, Summit Housing & Outreach Programs business, documents, financial and payroll information.
- Assumes the role of User Authority to create new accounts for Integrated Assessment Record and other client information portals in addition to other critical security and co-ordination roles for electronic health records and related portals as assigned.
- Creates a positive team environment by supporting co-operation, teamwork, interdependence and by building trust among team members
- Facilitates regular program staff meetings.
- Leads an annual team day focused on team successes and goal setting/quality initiatives, in alignment with agency strategic direction
- Provides leadership for the effective implementation and monitoring of all team goals, quality initiatives and other activities.
- Supervises staff in the form of written performance appraisal, one-on-one bi-weekly/monthly supervision, field observation, and team/program meetings.
- Supports staff during client crises, and debriefs afterwards.
- Provides coaching, training, leadership, and guidance for staff.
- Provides weekly supervision to student learners and liaison with field placement coordinator.
- Actively participates as a member of the Management Team, including meeting and committee participation and/or leadership.
- Champions cross-functional responsibilities within the agency, such as accreditation.
- Participates in collective agency planning, activities and goal planning.
- Provides coverage within the Management Team for vacation and other absences, as well as rotating on-call coverage for evenings and weekends.
- Attends and provides leadership, as a mental health provider, at community committees, working groups and support meetings, representing Summit Housing & Outreach Programs.
- Provides updates to management team re: changes/information about the external environment that may impact the agency or clients.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with law-enforcement and other social service agencies, hospitals and with informal community resources (e.g. property owners, employers).
- Registration as a health care professional in good standing with a professional college.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or other clinical field.
- 3 years related management experience.
- 3+ years direct service experience working with clients with complex needs in a supportive housing and/or community case-management programs.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, team leadership, mediation, advocacy, and co-ordination skills.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines and requirements of current program funders (MOLTHC and Miss/Halton LHIN).
- Demonstrated proficiency with electronic reporting, tracking and data management systems as well as Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Social Housing, Rent Supplements, and Residential Tenancies Act.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving, creative skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Exceptional Team Player.
- Access to reliable transportation to oversee day-to-day operations of programs throughout the Region of Halton.
- Valid driver’s license and adequate insurance coverage required.
- Able to work flexible hours as required.
Summit Housing and Outreach Programs (SHOP) strives to foster an equitable workplace that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applicants from all qualified candidates. SHOP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Shifts: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. with flexibility as required by program needs.
Main Location: Mainly Oakville but with throughout Halton Region
Commencement Date: As soon as possible.
How to Apply
Submit resume, by January 29, 2019:
Director, Client Services and Quality