Community Living Hamilton (CLH), a busy and vibrant organization that supports 1,400 people with special needs in the Hamilton region, is seeking a Director of Client Services.
CLH provides a vast range of services to adults and children with conditions such as Down Syndrome, autism and intellectual disabilities. We’re dedicated to helping them achieve their full potential, be included in our community and, ultimately, build great lives.
The Director of Client Services plays a vital role in ensuring that our services are well delivered. The Director reports to the Executive Director and leads the largest team in our organization, with senior manager reports who are responsible for residential care, community supports and business development, and children’s services.
We’re looking for an individual who has strong experience in the social services sector and is familiar with the trends that shape it. CLH is a forward-thinking organization that encourages innovation and celebrates inclusiveness – both in our community, and in the way we function as an organization.
As Director of Client Services, you will be expected to model our organization’s values and represent CLH effectively in dealings with all stakeholders. In particular, we are looking for an individual who has knowledge and experience in management of government funding and compliance with government regulations. The Director will be expected to work positively and productively with CLH’s municipal and provincial government partners, as together, we serve a unique and vulnerable population.
If you are the successful candidate, you will become a key contributor to our operational strategy and tactical planning. You will be a member of the senior team and work with the other Directors, Executive Director and Board of Directors to set CLH’s strategic plan and the objectives that will ensure its achievement.
In addition to meeting service delivery objectives, you will be responsible for: liaison with other internal departments; liaison with community partners; leadership and participation on various internal and external committees; staff training; quality and risk management; measurement and improvement of your department’s performance; project management; and organizational functions including budgeting, resourcing and change management.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Health, Management or other related field
- Minimum 10 years, broad-based, operations business management experience
- Previous management experience in the social service sector an asset
- Previous experience working in a large organization with comprehensive reporting structures and advanced administrative processes is also an asset
- Experience with employee and labour relations
- Good negotiation, facilitation and conflict management skills
- Financial management skills
- Knowledge of quality improvement and risk management concepts
- Project management skills and knowledge of problem-solving techniques
- Proficiently able to balance multiple priorities
- Strong leader and critical thinker – Creative
- Passionate advocate for people with special needs and their families
- Committed to personal accountability
- Team builder with superior coaching skills – Committed to creating an open, supportive work environment
- Excellent communication skills – Open and clear communicator
- Sense of humour
This is an exciting time to join Community Living Hamilton. We have redefined our Mission, Vision and Values and are in the process of establishing a new strategic plan for the next three to five years. You will be in on the ground floor in helping bring those values and plans to life. In addition, we are a learning organization and will support you in your ongoing development as a leader in our sector.
How to Apply
If this describes you and you are interested, please submit your expression of interest, including a covering letter and résumé to:
Human Resources Department
Community Living Hamilton
Posting closes December 16, 2018 at midnight Or until the position is filled Community Living Hamilton welcomes applications from candidates with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To learn more about us, visit: communitylivinghamilton.com/