Careers that make a world of difference!
Christian Children's Fund of Canada (CCFC) creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources needed to overcome poverty and pursue justice. CCFC’s commitment is to improve the quality of life for children and youth in empowered communities through enhanced family and community capacity for sustainable development. For more information about CCFC, please visit our website www.ccfcanada.ca. CCFC is currently recruiting for the following full-time position:
Director, People and Culture
The Director, People and Culture, internationally headquartered in Markham (Toronto), Canada, is the senior strategic organizational thought leader. He/she demonstrates the ability to implement and evolve Human Resources best practices in a diverse global environment that includes offices in Canada, Asia, Africa, Central and South America.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, People and Culture is responsible for the leadership, development, management and effective delivery of all aspects of Human Resources and organizational culture programs, the key focus of this role is overall responsibility for full life-cycle talent management, engagement and organizational programs aligned with CCFC’s strategy, mission and values. As a member of the Global Leadership Team, this position is a key contributor to organizational strategy and overall organizational performance. Ability to work as a trusted, collaborative, leader across multiple cultures is critical to success in this role.
This position is responsible for the delivery of Human Resource initiatives in all countries of operation, including:
- Global talent acquisition, retention and management
- Organizational development and design
- Employer branding and employee relations
- Policy, legislative compliance and best practices
- Performance optimization and employee engagement
- Total rewards (compensation, benefits and non-cash rewards)
- Learning and development
- Risk management and change leadership
- Embedding organizational values and ethics
- Proven experience in talent acquisition and retention.
- Demonstrated leadership and experience with development of direct reports.
- Experience delivering HR programs and services in a highly diverse, de-centralized organization; international experience is a definite asset.
- Experience assessing long-term organizational goals and developing solutions to maximize opportunities, remove obstacles and manage risk.
- Ability to communicate and facilitate in a clear and compelling manner at all levels of the organization, including staff, colleagues, CEO, Board of Directors, Board Committees.
- Proven ability to demonstrate cultural sensitivity, diplomacy, confidentiality, good judgment and professionalism in all circumstances.
- Experience in presenting to Board and Board committees.
- Sound knowledge of applicable legislation governing employment practices.
- Ability to travel to developing countries, which may involve harsh and demanding environments, up to three times per year.
- University degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field.
- Certified Human Resources Leadership (CHRL) designation.
- Minimum 12 years’ progressive HR Generalist experience with at least five of those years in a senior HR management role.
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to CCFC’s Christian Vision, Mission and Values
How to Apply
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart combined with the skills, attributes and passion for this position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity. If you are not already on CCFC’s careers website, then go to the website: www.ccfcanada.ca/about-us/careers and click on the “Apply Now” button. Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting. You will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and submit your résumé and covering letter.
CCFC offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EAP and company-match RRSP.
If you experience any issues with the application process, please contact us at [email protected]
Through the recruiting process, selected candidates will be able to speak with the current incumbent who is retiring.
CCFC is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada with the ability to travel to our countries of operation.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
CCFC is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
CCFC is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.