The Coordinated Service Planning Program at Surrey Place Centre is seeking a Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Disorder (FASD) Coordinator. The successful candidate will work children and youth with FASD and/or suspected FASD and their families to develop strengths-based support plans and support connections to appropriate diagnostic, treatment and other supports services which meet the child’s and his/her family’s needs. They will work to improve awareness of FASD, identify service gaps and opportunities for improving supports for FASD.
• Working with children/youth with FASD, or suspected FASD, and their families to develop support plans based on individual strengths and needs, and informed by the child/youth and family’s vision, goals and concerns
• Supporting information to families and connecting to supports and services on behalf of family.
• Working with families, service providers and educators in supporting child/youth to build capacity and identify strategies to meet the needs of the child/youth
• Providing information to parents, caregivers and school personnel about behavioural symptoms associated with FASD and helpful approaches
• Working with youth, and their family and service providers across sectors to plan for transition to adult services, if required
• At a local system level, work to improve awareness of FASD and support local cross-sectoral planning tables
• Engaging with different cultural groups (e.g. Indigenous, francophone)
• Facilitate parent-to-parent connections
Participating in provincially-offered training to increase their own and their organization’s capacity to support children and youth with FASD and their families
• Fluency in French (oral and written) is a requirement of this position
• Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree and minimum three years’ work OR equivalent experience with vulnerable or at-risk populations including special needs
• Three years of related work experience
• Demonstrated experience working with children/youth with FASD and their families
• Understanding of the services and supports available to children with FASD in the city of Toronto
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a cross sector team
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience on an interdisciplinary team and with multicultural environments is an asset
• The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Records Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
Position: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Coordinator (File18132)
Program: Coordinated Service Planning
Status: Full-time, Union
Salary: $56,980 - $72,214
Hours: 36.25 hrs/week
Date Posted: November 23, 2018
Closing Date: December 6, 2018
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter saved in the following format: firstname.lastname (ie. John.Smith) to Human Resources, [email protected], quoting file 18132 in the subject line of your email by the closing date.
Surrey Place is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation appropriate arrangements will be made to assist you through this process. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.