The successful applicant will provide leadership, training and supervision to clinical and non-clinical team members; develop, implement and monitor service delivery mechanisms; perform administrative, statistical, financial and reporting duties; provide emergency ‘on-call’ supervision/decision-making; and other functions as assigned by the CEO.
Education and Formal Training Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in a discipline recognized under regulatory legislation for psychotherapy practice in Ontario
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance (original required, within three (3) years)
- First Aid/CPR/AED
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Valid Passport and the ability to travel to the United States
- Valid F Class Ontario Driver’s License
- Clean driving record
- Current automobile liability insurance at minimum $1M
Special Skills or Training:
- Knowledge of ‘abstinence-based’ (12 Step) and ‘harm-reduction’ treatment philosophies
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer technology, including at minimum and intermediate level of skill with MS EXCEL; skilled in use of virtual engagement tools and social media applications to interface with various stakeholders and community-at-large
- Skilled in the use of ADAT/GAIN assessment tools and DATIS applications
- Skilled at prevention and identification of compassion fatigue, ‘burnout’, and vicarious trauma
- Knowledge and skill in delivery of adult education programs
- Knowledge of customer service and QI methodology/processes
- Demonstrated business, financial and data management acumen
- TECHNICAL: (Advanced) Understanding Concurrent Disorders; Understanding Substance Use and Addiction; Counselling; Case Management; Crisis Intervention; Group Facilitation; Program Development, Implementation and Evaluation; Record Keeping and Documentation; Screening and Assessment; Trauma-Specific Care; and Treatment Planning.
- BEHAVIOURAL: (Advanced) Analytical Thinking and Decision Making; Client-centred Change; Continuous Learning; Developing Others; Diversity and Cultural Responsiveness; Effective Communication; Ethical Conduct & Professionalism; Leadership; and Planning and Organizing.
- Five plus (5+) years Senior Leadership and/or Management experience
- Five plus (5+) years clinical experience
Hours of work:
As required to fulfil responsibilities; forty (40) hours weekly average minimum
How to Apply
Qualified candidates interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity are invited to submit a ‘Letter of Interest’ and resume to Janice Williamson via email at [email protected]
Deadline for applications is midnight on Friday, March 15th, 2019. Details regarding this position are provided below.