POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager, in a collaborative and supportive relationship with the Regional Management, provides expertise to a specific Region for the strategic development of human resources functions and to ensure that the human resources components/functions are optimized.
Kerry’s Place offers a competitive overall compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave; and additional paid Flexible time; employer paid group Health and Dental benefits; and the employer matched Pension Plan. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), Autism Spectrum Disorder specific training, CPR/First Aid etc.
- Through actions, supports the Mission, Vision, Values, Principles and Policies and Procedures of Kerry’s Place.
- Collaborates with the Human Resources Director and Chief Human Resources Officer to develop best practices in human resource delivery and to develop required change management programs.
- Ensures that work/life balance and health and safety principles are effectively applied through all areas of responsibility.
- Works with Regional Executive Director, Directors, Managers and other Human Resources colleagues to continuously monitor, problem solve and improve the effectiveness of human resources functions within the region and the entire organization.
- Develops and maintains positive mentoring and advisory relationships with Kerry’s Place Managers as determined through consultation.
- Ensures accuracy, completion and timely follow-up of documentation required by legislation and policy and procedures.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with all relevant partners/stakeholders including partner agencies, legal advisors, government employees, Union and community contacts.
- In collaboration with the Chief Human Resources Officer and management, develops creative recruitment and selection strategies to attract the best employees.
- Interpret (as required by the regional position) union-management agreements and represent management in the negotiation and settlement of grievances.
- Ensures appropriate confidentiality is maintained for individuals and employees.
- Develops and conducts management and employee training sessions on topics related to areas of responsibility.
- Attends Regional management meetings as required/appropriate.
- Attends Human Resources department meetings as required and may require occasional travel to other sites.
- Acts as chair and co-chair of committees related to areas of responsibility.
- Provides support for other Human Resources Managers and functions.
- Other departmental projects and duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- CHRL designation or equivalent is preferred.
- Completion of a university degree or community college diploma (3 years) in Human Resources or other relevant degree field or completion of equivalent training or education complemented by appropriate human resources experience.
- Five to seven years of experience in Human Resources, preferably with experience in a Generalist role.
- Experience in a management role is preferred.
- Working knowledge of HRMS systems and software such as: Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet.
- Strong consulting and mentoring abilities.
- Strong project management (planning) and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong organization and time management.
- Demonstrated flexibility, innovation and creativity.
- Excellent problem solving and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic.
- A valid Driver’s License, with a minimum G2, a reliable vehicle and willingness to travel.
- French language skills will be considered an asset.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we focus on health and wellness including fitness and family- focused benefits and work life balance.
Kerry’s Place is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from all qualified persons. Kerry’s Place is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Kerry’s Place Autism Services.
POSITION POSTING # 2089
SERVICE AREA: Administrative Services
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO: Internal and External Applicants.
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Please apply through our Career Center by clicking here