Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager of Employment Services is responsible for the oversight, management and administration of our Community Employment Service, which provides Employment Ontario Employment Programs to our clients and community. The Manager or Employment Services will be directly responsible for setting targets and ensuring successful results as outlined in our contracted commitments and Ministry program guidelines. The expectation of the position will be the implementation of continuous improvement within our agency’s Employment Services.
The ability to manage expectations of agency, staff, funders, and participants is required. An excellent team player, the successful candidate will excel at working to create a positive work atmosphere, while still being able to get the job done.
Duties of the position will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide management, administration and oversight of all internal and contracted Community Employment Service programs, services and supports.
- Ensure excellence in quality and standard of service delivery, processes and resources are maintained
- Ongoing research, understanding and communication of local labour market needs
- Provide management and supervision of Employment staff and placement students.
- Development of, monitoring, and achieving successful results of Employment Service program targets, and other targeted expectations as outlined by the Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities to ensure contractual obligations are being met.
- Planning, development and implementation of services designed for people searching for employment and training
- Participate on internal and external committees as required to meet agency and program goals
- Financial review and oversight of program budgets to meet funder expectations
- Reviews, adheres to, and provides direction to staff regarding all agency policy and procedure
- Ensure services provided by our Community Employment Service are meeting the needs of individuals requiring service.
- Act as agency representative with community partners, MTCU staff and the entire community as required
- Works as part of the agency management and staff teams to ensure the success of the organization as a whole
- Through action, supports Agency Mission, Vision, Values, Policy & Procedures
University degree in social services or related field.
1-3 years non-profit Program Management experience
Excellent organizational written and communication skills.
Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
Proven ability to give direction and supervision to others.
Knowledge of labour force requirements and labour market information.
Ability to create a positive work atmosphere for co-workers, subordinates, and participants.
Excellent time management skills.
Valid Ontario driver's licence and reliable vehicle.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
Community Resource Service offers a competitive compensation package for our full time permanent employees which includes but is not limited to: paid Vacation; paid Personal Emergency Leave and Group Health and Dental benefits. We also provide developmental and training opportunities such as Nonviolent Crisis Intervention (CPI), CPR/First Aid etc.