Shifts between 8:00am to 8:00pm Tuesday to Friday
Department: Active Living Centre (Adult Day Program)
Reports To: Supervisor, Active Living Centre
- Plan and implement creative and innovative program activities that meet client needs, and are reflective of client choice and strengths.
- Assess and actively encourage client engagement and socialization during programming.
- Evaluate and improve effectiveness of program activities.
- Assist clients in activities of daily living including personal care, serving meals and assistance with feeding as required.
- Safely assist clients who use wheelchairs or who need assistance with transfers by following proper body mechanics and safe transfer techniques.
- Escort clients in SPRINT Senior Care vehicles to and from the program site.
- Follow safe procedures and help provide a safe, clean environment for clients, self and other staff including following Infection Prevention and Control and Cleaning and Disinfecting procedures.
- Maintain all records/documentation requirements
- Participate in agency training
- Other tasks as assigned
- A degree or diploma in Recreation or Activation is required
- Experience working both in a group setting and on a one-to –one with seniors with physical and/or cognitive challenges. Knowledge of dementia and skill in problem solving and providing a gentle persuasive approach to care.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, flexibility and to work as part of a team • Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Standard First Aid and CPR Certificate an asset.
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset.
- Must be able to work evenings within stated availability.
How to Apply
Please email your applications to: [email protected] indicating ALC Relief Program Activationist in your subject line.
SPRINT Senior Care encourages applications from candidates who reflect the diversity of our community.
We appreciate all applications; however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
SPRINT Senior Care is committed to inclusive and accessible recruitment practices to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA). Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates with disabilities taking part in all aspects of the selection process.