The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) represents 14,500 physiotherapists, physiotherapist assistants and physiotherapist students across Canada. In partnership with provincial and territorial branches and practice divisions, CPA enables members to learn, share knowledge and enhance practice. CPA provides resources, education, ideas, and advocacy to enable our professional community to better serve Canadians.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Senior Manager, Sport Physiotherapy Canada will work directly with the Sport Physiotherapy Canada Division (SPC) and is responsible for the successful leadership and management of the Division according to the strategic direction set by the Executive Committee.
Policy, Practice and Planning;
- Participate with the Executive Committee in developing a strategic plan to guide the Division with the mission, vision and values at its centre;
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the Division represent the Division 's mission, vision and values and reflect the priorities of the Executive Committee;
- Identification and assistance with completing of key activities and actions associated to fulfil and meet strategic goals;
- Identify, assess, and inform the Executive of internal and external issues that affect the Division
- Act as an advisor or seek out resources to assist the Executive Committee on all aspects of the Division 's activities;
- Facilitate an efficient and cohesive work environment and collaboration between Division Executive and associated staff;
- In addition to the Chair, act as a spokesperson for the Division;
- Conduct official correspondence on behalf of the Executive Committee as appropriate and jointly with the Executive when appropriate;
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the Division;
- Draft policies for the approval of the Executive and prepare procedures to implement the organizational policies; review existing policies on a regular basis and recommend changes to the Executive as appropriate;
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the Division 's programs and services;
- Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the Division to maintain or improve quality;
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution and evaluation of special projects;
- Work with the Executive to prepare a comprehensive budget and secure adequate funding for the operation of the Division; and,
- Ensure that personnel, client, donor and volunteer files are securely stored and privacy/confidentiality is maintained.
- Work in Collaboration with the Chair of the SPC to act as a Liaison to the National Office, Provincial Branches and Sections to ensure the Division’s operations, strategic planning and interests are relevant to and aligned with the profession and the priorities of the CPA;
- Act as the Division’s staff representative for CPA initiatives;
- Liaise with the CPA Finance team to ensure all accounting processes are followed;
- Communicate with stakeholders to keep them informed of the work of the Division and to identify changes in the community served by the organization; and,
- Establish good working relationships and collaborative arrangements with community groups, funders, politicians, and other organizations to help achieve the goals of the Division.
- Oversee Coordinator, Member Services;
- Ensure that the operation of the organization meets the expectations of its Stakeholders, Executive Committee and Members;
- Assist in developing resources provided to membership;
- Improvement and assessment of membership experience and value; and,
- Identify means to Increase membership profile.
Communications, Marketing and Advocacy
- Maintain the sportphysio.ca website and update the credential database using WordPress;
- Liaise with the IT and Design contractors as needed;
- Execute the monthly newsletter;
- Execute the monthly Momentum E-magazine;
- Carry out additional communication campaigns as needed;
- Research funding and revenue generation sources for the Division;
- Oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals to increase the funds of the Division;
- Participate in fundraising activities as required;
- Attend all Executive and Sub Committee meetings (e.g., Concussion, World Congress, Sport PT Title, Examination, Credential Development, Major Games etc.) taking and circulating minutes and actionable items;
- Develop planning and implementation strategies in collaboration with the all SPC Volunteer Leads
- Identify the need for, and assist the Executive Committee in the development of, new Committees, when required; and,
- Increase Social Media presence of the Division by developing and maintaining current methods of communication with members, stakeholders and the general public.
Education and Credential Program
- Oversee the credential program and work with the Chief Examiner and Credential Committee to plan and execute all aspects of the program;
- Plan and execute the annual Written and Oral Practical examinations;
- Oversee the course calendar, ensure the coordinator is meeting all education targets for the division;
- Manage the First Responder program including overseeing all instructors and liaising with Red Cross; and,
- Establish working groups and project committees to develop new education
Executive, Development and Administrative Support
- Provide support to the Executive Committee by preparing supporting materials and briefing notes;
- Determine staffing and committee requirements for organizational management and program delivery;
- Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices including the development of job descriptions for Executive and Committee members in conjunction with the Administrative Staff;
- Support recruitment of resources, when required;
- Source out information and quotes for organizations for projects in the Division;
- Assist with processes and duties to ensure that all members of the Executive Committee receive an orientation to the organization and that appropriate training is provided;
- Implement a performance management process for all Executive Committee members and staff which includes monitoring the performance of Executive and staff on an on-going basis and conducting an annual performance review;
- Identify areas for development and seek out opportunities for learning accordingly;
- Oversight to ensure that all Executive members and other staff are performing within their terms of reference and in accordance with our P&P and the CPA Bylaws and the Divisions Regulation;
- Assist in decision making with the Executive Committee;
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Executive Committee and approved by CPA National Office;
- Assist in administering the funds of the Division according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the Division;
- Assist in providing the Executive Committee and the CPA National Office with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the Division;
- Identify and evaluate the risks to the Division's people (clients, staff, management, volunteers), property, finances, goodwill, and image and implement measures to control risks; and,
- Ensure that the Division, under CPA, carries appropriate and adequate insurance coverage.
- Plan and execute the Concussion Symposium with support of the Concussion Committee;
- Staff lead on the SPC World Congress with the SPC Organizing committee; and,
- Staff lead on all events overseeing the entire event planning cycle.
- University degree, ideally in Business Administration or a related field, combination of education and experience may be acceptable;
- Extensive experience in Event Planning and Educational Programming;
- Minimum of five years of experience in a similar role;
- Bilingual an asset but not required for the role;
- Works openly and collaboratively to maximize overall organizational health;
- Outstanding communication skills, with good stakeholder management;
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communications skills; and,
- Strategic thinker with strong operational planning skills.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume no later than March 31, 2019 to Marsha Bisson ([email protected]) Manager, Human Resources.
We thank all candidates who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.