Who is JVS Toronto?
JVS Toronto is a non-profit leader in career and employment services for jobseekers and employers across the GTA, supporting more than 21,000 individuals annually. For 70 years, our programs have supported young graduates, immigrants, mature workers, the unemployed and the underemployed. With annual revenues of $16 million, our services are delivered in 9 Toronto locations by a dedicated team of approximately 170 staff including qualified employment counsellors, workforce specialists and psychologists, making JVS a well-known leader in this field. To view some of the good work we do, please visit our website at www.jvstoronto.org.
JVS Toronto offers you a paid vacation allowance, health & dental benefits, an employee assistance program (EAP), and corporate discounts.
Our programming for youth includes a variety of interventions delivered through different specialized programs across the GTA. Services focus on at-risk and multi-barriered youth with an ultimate goal to assist participants with gaining sustainable employment through skill development and life skill training. Our range of youth programming includes case management; career/educational planning for youth in conflict with the law, pre-apprenticeship programs, and access to GED programming.
Senior Manager, Youth Employment Services, Job ID #106
Full-time / Starting ASAP / Jane & Finch
As part of the Management Team and reporting to the Senior Director, Employment Services, the Senior Manager, Youth Employment Services will oversee all of our Youth Services Programs. The person in the role will work collaboratively with the other managers on site to ensure a positive working environment through successful teamwork and seamless client service.
Additionally, we’re looking for someone who will:
- Lead and promote JVS Toronto Youth Services to a wide range of stakeholders and build strategic partnerships throughout the GTA
- Oversee program operations and ensure high quality service is provided to clients
- Hire and develop staff; clarify expectations and priorities; appraise individual performance and provide feedback; build high performance teams
- Develop, administer, and oversee an overall program budget (of more than $1 million) and financial performance; report to funders
- Ensure quality assurance systems are in place and adhered to, including standards of practice, benchmarks, and client satisfaction
- Develop, manage, and implement practices, policies, and procedures in all components of our programs as set out by funders, including, but not limited to: City of Toronto, Municipality of York Region, MAESD, and Service Canada
- Analyze and evaluate program data, develop reports, and make recommendations as required by funders and JVS Toronto
- Develop strategy and lead outreach activities for the site to ensure an increase of intake and seamless service across all Jane-Finch programs
- Market and outreach; partner, liaise, and collaborate with community organizations and funders to increase the profile of JVS Toronto Youth Services
- Lead and contribute to cross-agency projects and initiatives and, as a member of the Senior Management Team, contribute to the strategic direction of the agency
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing employment programs and contributing to organizations at a senior level
- Demonstrated team management and leadership ability; strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with multicultural teams
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision making skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Computer literate; the ability to learn systems used by the agency (ie. SalesForce)
- A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
- Experience administering budgets
How to Apply
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter ASAP to [email protected]
Applications will be accepted only through the above e-mail address.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.