Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region operates two 24 hour emergency shelters; Haven House in Cambridge and Anselma House in Kitchener as well as an Outreach program for abused women and their children. We are a not-for-profit organization that works from a feminist and anti-oppressive framework.
We are inviting applications for a temporary full time Outreach Manager; approximately one year to fill a maternity leave.
This position is responsible for the day to day operations of the Outreach Program including the development, coordination, direction and supervision of Outreach Support Workers, Clinical Worker(s), and contracted Safe Steps group facilitators, placement students, grant and contract positions when applicable.
The role is to oversee the daily activities of the Outreach program employees, and is responsible for ensuring that the Outreach Program provides quality effective services.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW), previous leadership experience.
- Leadership experience in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Registered Social Workers, or equivalent registered organization.
- Past success with employee engagement and change management. Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills both oral and written.
- Past experience in program and project management and providing staff supervision including clinical supervision.
- Knowledge of the issues and complexities contained within gender based violence.
- Experience with labour relations, and team building.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, problem solving and the ability to be decisive in crisis situations.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Current and informed knowledge of the needs of diverse groups.
- Knowledge of group processes including the ability to design, plan, research and evaluate groups.
- Sound and current knowledge of community resources throughout Waterloo Region.
- Experience working with and developing collaborative community partnerships.
- Current knowledge of basic family law, housing, Child and Family Services Act and related legal issues.
- Capacity to work flexible hours as required.
- Ability to assume "on call" duties.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license, valid insurance and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Travel required throughout Waterloo Region.
What we offer:
- Dynamic workplace culture with a strong sense of team based learning.
- Be a part of a supportive, collaborative leadership team.
- Opportunity to expand and develop your leadership skills.
- Professional development and training.
- Competitive wages.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a detailed resume, including a cover letter with salary expectations by March 15th, 2019 to:
Chief Executive Officer
Women’s Crisis Services of Waterloo Region
700 Heritage Drive
Email: [email protected]